Dental Implants in Edgewater
Permanent Replacement Options
Patients missing one or more teeth once had to select from very limited options, like dentures, partials, or bridges. But continued success of dental implants offer patients a safe, attractive, long-lasting option. If you’re missing one or more teeth, let Dr. Keer show you how modern dental implants can restore your natural, beautiful smile.
The Benefits of Implants Include the Following:
Unlike other options, a dental implant replaces the entire tooth, including the root. A titanium implant is surgically inserted into the jawbone and capped with a replacement crown. Because it functions much like a natural tooth, implants offer many advantages over other alternatives:
- Long-lasting – Most patients who follow a regular oral hygiene regimen can expect their implants to last a lifetime
- High rate of success – Dental implants enjoy a success rate of between 95 and 98 percent
- Natural, beautiful appearance – The dental implant looks and feels like a natural tooth, and crowns can be made with all-ceramic materials.
- Improved oral health – Unlike dental bridges, dental implants do not increase tooth decay or sensitivity because the implant seamlessly integrates into your jawbone.
- Improved jawbone strength – Implants can keep your jawbone strong because they don’t rely on support from adjacent teeth. And because the jawbone needs to support the implant, no atrophy of the bone occurs.
If you’re missing a tooth, Dr. Keer and her staff would be happy to show you how dental implants can improve your oral health and quality of life. Contact us at (410) 774-4667 for a free initial consultation for this service.